Thursday, October 18, 2012

Autumn Leaves

This morning started off dry, yet fresh.  I'd heard the rain when I went to bed around midnight, but there was no sign of it as I headed off to work.  It was another fresh, clear day.

The mason was at work on the Riverwalk.
The swans were swimming in the same way, moving toward the edge for bread or whatever other handout walkers would throw. 
It was an ordinary Thursday with class, dinner and choir on the agenda.

A few weeks ago at Volcano choir, Hilary  had us sing the old Nat King Cole song "Autumn Leaves".  It made me a bit nostalgic.  I've been missing the Minnesota autumn colors and thought I'd try and find some changing leaves here. My Duluth visitors told me that after the summer's drought the colors at home were spectacular!  There is some color here, but it's rather limited I'm afraid.
Not much to write home about, eh?

In lieu of good "Fall Color" I found a different pallete.

There are still some lovely blooms--just as there were two weeks ago in Bath.

My friend and I decided to play hookey tonight after a delicious dinner at Puccini's, a local Italian eatery on Friar Street.  We had a nice class on Watergate and had planned to do our usual Thursday routine--dinner and Volcano choir--but my friend caught the Worcester cold a bit later than others.  It's no fun singing with a sore throat. We did get in some good eats, however, so the evening wasn't a loss.  I had the Pasta Orrechiette con Funghi, Spinaci e Gorgonzola.  My friend had the Pizza Puccini--caramelized onions, goat cheese and pignoli.  The food was well prepared and very tasty. 


This is a very versatile restaurant which offers vegetarian and vegan dishes.  Their specials seemed inventive and reasonably priced.

Next Thursday I'll be on my own, and the Thursday after that we'll be on Reading Week.  By that time, the trees will be bare and blooms will have died.  Autumn flies too quickly.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you found Puccini's Deborah! It was one of my favorite places--hope to visit there next week when I'm in Worcester. Perhaps you'll join me? Looking forward to seeing you.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete